USYVL is actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) updates to best assist programs in all of our communities. The health and safety of our families is priority number one!
At the Governor’s request, we have postponed programs that have a start date of June 1, 2020 or before. By June 1, most city offices where we have our field permits should be back open so that we can see if our postponed Spring 2020 season can run in July and August. If we are not able to run our postponed Spring 2020 season in July and August of 2020, then it will be moved to Fall 2020 to take place in September and October of 2020.
All postponed events will be rescheduled following the CDC, and state and local public health authorities guidelines.
First and foremost, please follow the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html). These resources are updated as new information becomes available and should be checked frequently.
General guidelines from the CDC to help individuals prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses include:
- * Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- * Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- * Stay home when you are sick.
- * Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- * Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- * Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Given the urgent nature of this situation, USYVL will continue to monitor information from the CDC, and state and local public health authorities, and will regularly share any updates that relate directly to USYVL programs.